Monday, August 30, 2010

Pizza Night - Basil Pesto Pizza

So homemade pizza night has become a fast tradition in our house.  I often wonder what took us so long to start doing this once a week.  I do have a special helper that loves to roll the dough, spread the sauce, sprinkle the cheese, and of course top with pepperoni!  We have to have pepperoni pizza because that is his and his Dad's favorite pizza!  He decided to make the smiley face as a surprise for Dad!



But this week, we made 2 pizzas, a boys' pizza (aka pepperoni) and a girls' pizza (okay that is only me).  I made a Basil Pesto pizza.  I had a jar of basil pesto waiting in my cupboard for awhile.  I used that as my sauce and then topped with fresh from the garden thinly sliced Roma tomatoes and topped with a four cheese Italian blend and sprinkled on some extra basil/


The result?  Absolutely delicious!  Even my normally "meats and potatoes" husband said, "it was pretty good".  I'll take that as a compliment from him.  We will definitely be making this one again!

1 comment:

  1. We do something similar to that but add cooked chicken and pine nuts...yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete