Thursday, May 1, 2014

2014 Goals - April Recap


WOW - Its May 1st already, so that means it is time to check in on our goals for 2014. I am quite proud of my progress so far.

I am making a real, conscious effort to set goals in 2014 and stick to them. The best way I can think of is to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis. Be sure to check back in the first of every month to see my progress as well as link up your progress.

1. Relationship with God - Do one activity a month to strength my relationship with God (going to mass on Sunday does not count).

Attended a First Communion education session with my son and learned about the parts of the mass for his upcoming communion!

2. Relationship with my Husband - Go on one date night a month with my husband. Plan an overnight trip of at least 2 nights away to take in 2014


We did dinner out and our Saturday night bowling league which is the last one for the season!

3. Family Time - Do one activity as a family once a month. Take one family vacation and one long weekend getaway in 2014.


We went to Orlando over Spring Break.  We had a wonderful time and went to Magic Kingdom and Sea World and spent the week as a family, perfect!

Long weekend is booked for June!!


4. Relationships with my Kids - Do a one-on-one activity with each child each month (3 a month).


I took both my boys to their karate belt tests this month.  I know have a blue belt and a yellow stripe belt in my house!

I took my middle son and daughter on a play date to the playground with some preschool friends.


5. Declutter - sell at least 5 items per month.


I sold a lot of 12-18 month clothes and a pair of kids pjs for a total of $27 this month!

6. Debt - Pay off Debt #1 and reduce Debt #2 by 50%


Debt #1 is paid and reduced Debt #2 by 15%.  We did not make progress on Debt #2 this month.  We started a much needed home remodel project so the extra cash went to the completion of our new home office.
 

7. Me Time - Say "no" to one extra commitment a month. Do an only me or "girls night" activity once a month.


I said "no" top helping out on a Friday in my son's classroom. I was able to sneak a pedicure in before our vacation.



8. Budget Buster - Keep library fines to under $5 for the entire year (this is so hard for me).


YEAH! I am so excited, 4 months and no library fines! My process of checking my account online first thing Monday morning is really working for me!

9. Work/Life Balance - Friday at 5 pm - until Monday at 8 am - do not check work e-mails (I am off the clock).


I did much better on turning "off" work in the evening and weekends this month.  I also did not take my laptop on vacation and did not answer any e-mails while on vacation, a major first for me.

10. Have an online business (this idea has been in my head for over a year) fully functioning by the end of 2014. I need to take one giant step every month to achieve this goal!

I did not make any additional progress in April.


How are you doing on your goals thus far? Feel free to leave a comment or link up!

No comments:

Post a Comment