Monday, May 12, 2014

Spending the Day at Sea World - Orlando

On our recent family vacation to Orlando, we spent a day at Sea World.  It had been about 6 years since the last time we were there.  All in all in was a fun day for every one.  We took our 3 kids with us ages 8, 5, and 21 months. 

We arrived at the park around 9:30, parking was easy ($17) and it was a short walk to the main entrance.  We were using a stroller we had rented for the week from Simple Stroller Rentals!  I got an amazing deal on tickets, only paid $50 per person for a weekday ticket.  The baby was free which was a bonus!

We were right on time for the 10 am Blue Horizons show.  This unique, theatrical spectacular features dolphins, tropical birds and acrobats and all three of my kids were intrigued by the show!  Next my oldest son and husband braved Journey to Atlantis, it was a quick 20 minute wait!  While they were riding, I visited the Manta Aquarium and gift shop inside the Atlantis.  Next we waited for Antarctica:  Empire of the Penguin.  I was truly AMAZED by this ride and exhibit.  It was a 45 minute wait, but worth every minute of it, I wish we could have gone again!  It was a great family ride we could all enjoy together!




Right before lunch, we were able to see Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island.  This has always been my favorite show at SeaWorld!  I find it hilarious (my kids did too)!

After lunch we went to the Shark Encounter, rode the flamingo paddle boats, visited Shamu's Happy Harbor, and the Wild Arctic Ride.  We finished our day with the 5 pm show of One Ocean.  This show was definitely different than I had seen in the past.  The trainers no longer go into the water with Shamu and the other whales, but there is a lot of music, dancing, and water (you may get wet in the Splash Zone)! 

 
We left the park a little after 5:30, grabbed some dinner and headed back to our condo for a evening swim.  A perfect ending to a perfect day.  I cannot wait to take the kids back again in the few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment