Saturday, August 2, 2014

2014 Goals - June Recap

Better late than never, here is my update for my 2014 through June.

I am making a real, conscious effort to set goals in 2014 and stick to them. The best way I can think of is to hold myself accountable on a monthly basis. Be sure to check back in the first of every month to see my progress as well as link up your progress.

1. Relationship with God - Do one activity a month to strengthen my relationship with God (going to mass on Sunday does not count).

I need to work on this in the upcoming months, summer should not be an excuse to take a break!

2. Relationship with my Husband - Go on one date night a month with my husband. Plan an overnight trip of at least 2 nights away to take in 2014

My husband and I did a golf date on a Sunday afternoon.  It is so nice to be back into a sport I love and able to spend some one on one time with my husband!
 
I'm so excited (and nervous about the kids), our anniversary weekend trip is booked for August!


3. Family Time - Do one activity as a family once a month. Take one family vacation and one long weekend getaway in 2014.


We took the kids to Niagara Falls for a long weekend.

We went to Orlando over Spring Break. 
 
We have another weekend getaway planned over Labor Day!


4. Relationships with my Kids - Do a one-on-one activity with each child each month (3 a month).


I took my middle son and daughter to the library this month.
 
I took all three kids to the playground one evening while my husband was working.


5. Declutter - sell at least 5 items per month.

I sold $28 worth of items in June 


6. Debt - Pay off Debt #1 and reduce Debt #2 by 50%


Debt #1 is paid. We are back making progress again on Debt #2, I do not think we are going to make our year end goal, but we will make significant progress this year!


7. Me Time - Say "no" to one extra commitment a month. Do an only me or "girls night" activity once a month.

I said "no" to donating items for an end of the year school party. I had donated a lot this school year and it always seems like last minute to me.

 
Sounds odd, but I had to take a work trip and I was able to spend a few hours on the beach by myself (heaven)!

8. Budget Buster - Keep library fines to under $5 for the entire year (this is so hard for me).

No fines this month again!  I have succeeded in zero fines for 2014!  The bad news?  The library is changing its loan period from 3 weeks to 2 weeks, I wonder how that is going to affect me!


9. Work/Life Balance - Friday at 5 pm - until Monday at 8 am - do not check work e-mails (I am off the clock).


I did an excellent job of staying off my computer in the evening and weekends.  I think this is due to the fact that we have been so busy that I just do not have time.

10. Have an online business (this idea has been in my head for over a year) fully functioning by the end of 2014. I need to take one giant step every month to achieve this goal!

This is the only goal I do not seem to make time for? Maybe its not that important to me? I need to reflect on what I truly want to do!


How are you doing on your goals thus far? Feel free to leave a comment or link up!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment